Why do I need travel medical Insurance?
While your regular health insurance plan may offer you plenty of coverage at home, it may leave with minimal or no coverage while traveling internationally. In order to safeguard your health while traveling abroad, it’s important to purchase travel insurance prior to your departure. Medical travel insurance plans are wide-ranging, offering different rates, coverage levels, and coverage periods. Some of these features include multi-trip, long-term travel, renewable coverage, evacuation for medical emergencies, and coverage for pre-existing conditions.
If you need health coverage for only one travel period, the most suitable option would be a single-trip plan. With this type of plan, you choose the amount of coverage you need, and it will be active from the time of your departure to your return. Coverage options vary, and can include evacuation, hazardous sports, and in some cases, even non-medical coverage such as baggage, flight cancellations, etc.
Planning several trips this year? What you need is a multi-trip plan. This type of medical travel insurance can be extended for up to a year, providing you with coverage for any trips taken within that time frame. Maximum trip lengths can be set to 15, 30, or 70 days, with additional coverage options including flights, baggage, interruptions, evacuation, and accidental death. These plans are ideal for those who travel frequently, as one multi-trip plan is often less expensive than multiple single-trip plans.
Medical Evacuation Plans
Should you become severely injured or ill during your trip, a medical evacuation plan will help you obtain the care you need. This can mean transportation to the nearest capable hospital, or your chosen facility, depending upon the individual plan. Additionally, the majority of medical evacuation plans include the repatriation of remains in the event of death. Obtaining this type of plan will save you the cost of medical-related transportation on your trip, something that is not always done by general travel insurance.
GeoBlue Travel Medical & International Health Insurance
Worldwide Insurance Services, LLC owns GeoBlue, and operates as one of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association’s independent licensee’s. For nearly two decades, their mission has been to aid travelers and expatriates secure quality health care while abroad. GeoBlue policies are licensed by the US and feature some of the most extensive benefits and options available.
- For US residents travelling or living abroad.
- Options for deductibles and limits.
- Applicable to trips 6 months or shorter, people 74 or younger.
- Medical evacuation coverage for pre-existing conditions.
- Maximum terrorism coverage.
- Hospitalization comes with waiver for pre-certification penalty.
HCC Travel Medical Insurance Services
Whether you’re taking a vacation, studying abroad, travelling for business, or taking a sporting adventure, HCC has you covered. It offers the Atlas Travel Series, an international insurance package that provides a wide range of coverages and benefits for when you’re travelling anywhere between 5 and 364 days.
- Instant online enrollment and fulfillment.
- Eligible candidates need no medical underwriting.
- Up to $100,000 in coverage for pre-existing medical conditions.
- Accidents and injuries receive 100% coverage both outside and inside the U.S.
- Coverage for sports comes with no extra fee.
- 24/7 emergency medical evacuations.
International Medical Group Travel Insurance
No matter what your insurance needs may be, IMG offers international and travel insurance products that will fit the bill. Coverage options are comprehensive, including vacations, extended out-of-country stays, and even group coverage for employees on business trips.
- Emergency services anywhere, anytime.
- A global network of top quality providers.
- Multilingual customer service centers with international locations.
- International, multilingual customer service centers
- Informative and convenient online resources.
- Rider coverage for sport vehicles.