Riders in Los Angeles, CA are required to carry minimum liability coverage on their motorcycle, just like every other state. Carrying it means you avoid tickets and other issues due to not being insured.
The most basic policy helps cover the cost of damage to the other vehicle if you are at fault, keeping you out of court and from having to pay too much out of pocket. However, these are not the only benefits a rider can experience.
The specific benefits vary according to the coverage you choose. The following are different events and circumstances that you can customize your policy to cover:
- The replacement cost of your bike if totaled instead of you having to pay out of pocket to replace your ride
- Medical costs if you are sent to the hospital for a covered event
- Your costs should another driver be at fault and either not have any insurance or not have enough insurance to cover the damages and medical expenses.
- Costs of damage suffered from something other than a collision, such as theft or storm damage.
- Costs of loss or damage to extras, such as trailers, safety equipment, and customization
- Roadside assistance should you break down.
- Costs associated with lodging, food, and transportation if your bike is in a collision and cannot be driven while you are far from home (the distance depends on the policy)
At JT Insurance Services, we know that every rider and every ride are unique, so a one size fits all policy is not going to work for most. Instead, we want to help you personalize the best coverage for you, your bike, your lifestyle, and your goals.
Give JT Insurance Services of Los Angeles, CA a call for your customized motorcycle insurance quote.